FITS Liberator 4 will not load FITS file created by Processing ZWO Seestar Images script

I have a Seestar S50 and been learning to use it with Siril to process individual enhancement images. In the YouTube tutorial by Rich Stevenson you link to in your tutorial, he mentions using FITS Liberator to see what’s going on in the script-produced fits file. I downloaded and installed FITS Liberator V4 to try it out. When I tried to load the script-produced FITS, it gets to 90+ % and hangs up with a message that there is an error in the file. When I try the same thing with an individual enhancement FITS from Seestar, it loads successfully.
I am using Siril 1.2.1 with Windows 11.
Attaching (hopefullY) a screen shot of FITS Liberator 4 screen.
This is not a showstopper for me but may be something that you want to update in the Siril script.
Thanks,
Stephen Bickford

If Siril can read the stacked image, this is probably on the side of FITS liberator.

Hi,

try removing the symbol ° in the filename. Just made a test, seems like FITS liberator does not handle wide chars for Windows.

Cheers,

Cecile

Once I save my Siril work on the original FITS file from Seestar to another FITS file, FITS Liberator v4 can read it successfully. To me, this supports your conclusion that it is probably a FITS Liberator V4 issue.

Thanks,

Stephen

Hi Cecile,

Yes, that works for me too.

Thanks for this work-around.

Stephen