Flowers with nice bokeh background

Another super fun raw file!

Processed with experimental rawconverter :slight_smile:

Edit: oops forgot to add tghe file!

P1200121.RW2 (18.7 MB)

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

3 Likes

DT 3.7

P1200121.RW2.xmp (13.1 KB)

1 Like

Gimp 2.10.26

Nice colors all over, and blues to corral. Can’t resist…

So, my first go-to for extreme color control are spectral camera profiles, but I don’t have data for a Panasonic G80. So, I decided to try a gamut-compressed LUT profile made from a DPReview target shot, thing is, the closest camera they had was the G85. With that, and the default filmic in rawproc, here’s what I got:

It put a bit more gradation into the blues, but there’s a magenta shift along the right side of the leftmost dangly. Not sure if that’s not from whatever color was behind the dangly. The profile did yield some better gradation in the flower reds, and an almost imperceptible pull of the greens away from the yellow. Not too bad for 10 minutes of work (disclaimer: I have a script…)

A crop to focus on the colors, and 'ere y’go. If you want to mess with the profile, here 'tis:

panasonic-DMC-G85_matrix-dcamprof-lut-gamutcompressed.icc (212.5 KB)

4 Likes

That’s actually the same camera (and so is the G81, the model sold in Germany and Switzerland). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done in RawTherapee.

2 Likes

Second take.

3 Likes

P1200121.pfi (45.0 KB)

2 Likes

ART

1 Like

Darktable 3.8

P1200121.RW2.xmp (8.6 KB)

2 Likes

Since the post was dug up here, I’ll take the opportunity to update my edit since I found a more reasonable workflow meanwhile.

DT 3.9.0+116

1P1200121.RW2.xmp (14.0 KB)

2 Likes

Do you feel that your blues have shifted to purple…I guess I could check…

I believe that was @age 's assertion (not to put words in his mouth) from the other thread as an issue he had with the scene referred edit from DT…

Definitely the bokeh can easily be tweaked with the gamut compression in CC module to dial in the desired intensity of color here…

I guess I could check in the vectorscope for that sort of shift…

Or the purple shifted to blue?

Or maybe it is like Schrödinger cat, both purple and blue. :slight_smile:

I have seen that other thread. In my old edit, the blue was purpleish, but that was my fault since I made some editing shenaniganz.

In my update I don’t feel like the blue shifted to purple. But there is some at the transition from blue to brown. Looks like I would need a mask to get rid of it.

2 Likes

Good one…