Forum posts highlighting

I’m new to the forum (RawTherapee) and have noticed that some posts are displayed in black type and others are displayed in gray type. My initial thoughts were that a black topic was one that I had not read. I tried to read a few to turn them gray. Some turned gray and some didn’t. Why are some posts black and others Gray?

(Morgan Hardwood) #2

Maybe it means they were updated or edited since you read them.
@patdavid ?

If that is true, wouldn’t that mark the topic as “new” or move the topic to the top of the forum?

I think you have to be in the topic for for longer than a certain period of time for it to be marked as read. Something like 4 seconds? I’m not sure if it means per post, or what.

I figured it out. I have to scroll to the bottom of a post to turn it gray.

(Pat David) #6

The forum keeps track of where you are in a post. The dark/black text means that you haven’t finished reading that topic. Once you scroll to the bottom of the post, the forum will consider it read (until there is a new post), and the text will appear grey to you.

If a new post is made in a topic, then it will float up to the top of the list (and appear black text again to you).

(Pat David) #7

It will also remember where you left off in a longer topic, and return you to the first unread post since your last visit.