Fujifilm X100VI support

In what ways were you hoping to be impressed by it? I find it very similar in terms of quality to my X-S10 26MP sensor, but it gives me extra cropping room, especially for wildlife. So, there’s no real downside to it for me as I was wanting an X-T camera anyway.

I think a lot of people were expecting much better “detail” from it, but I’m not really sure that’s something you can really see until you zoom right in and compare it to a lower resolution sensor.

Frankly, I wasn’t. It’s only a 25% increase in linear resolution, after all. But some places on the internet have made quite the hay about it.

To be clear, I’m not disappointed. The additional megapixels are nice to have for sure. Resolution is just not something I care much about.

1 Like

I have a X100VI here for testing. Now I changed the cameras.xml to open the files in darktable.
Its fine, but I see a slim black bar in every picture on the right side.
My X-T5 does not have this “problem”. I think they have the same sensor.
Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

Did you copy the xml from a 24 MP fuji, perchance? You should probably take the one from the X-S20.

I took this one:
https://github.com/darktable-org/rawspeed/blob/develop/data/cameras.xml

hm, here is one line more inside:

Crop x=“0” y=“12” width=“-120” height=“-12”/

I think this is the solution of my problem…
On new opened pictures everything is fine.

On the first batch of imported pictures you just need to hit the reset button on the “raw black/white point” module.

1 Like