Full preview layout: camera exposure compensation?

Is there a way to just preview the camera’s jpeg in full preview layout? i.e. like in all other layouts. Because in full preview layout pics appear very dark, probably because there is some sort of camera exposure compensation similar to what happens in the darkroom.

Yes, it should : you have to check that your preferences are set to always use the embedded jpeg.
Then if your camera store wide enought jpeg in the RAW file, you will see it.

Note that some camera (sony iirc, but not only) store quite small embedded preview… in that case, dt as no other solution than computing RAW in the pipe…

1 Like

I’ve noticed that for Canon CR3 files (but not for CR2), thumbs of a certain size, culling and full previews are calculated from raw, although ‘use raw instead of embedded JPEG from size’ is set to never in the Lightable preferences. Smaller thumbs are from camera jpeg. Maybe also a question of small embedded jpegs in these cameras.

1 Like

Same here with Olympus OMD camera. The strange thing is that for one second or two the jpeg is shown in the lighttable (and this would suggest to me that a large jpeg is in fact available) but then it switches to the raw file.

The jpeg you see is certainly too small. In fact during the loading of a new thumbnail, dt show the largest thumbnail already available, upscaled. But this is just a temporary state to avoid “black” screens.

1 Like