g_memdup2 error with GIMP 2.10.24 Windows

After some reading, it looks like this issue was supposedly fixed with 2.9.7 but it’s still happening to me with GIMP 2.10.24 and G’MIC 2.9.6-7-8 and even 2.9.9, on Windows 10 20H2, build 19042.1110. The error message is the same as before “The procedure entry point g_memdup2 could not be located in the dynamic link library …”, etc. There was discussion back and forth between G’MIC and GIMP teams as to the cause (on the GIMP side I think), but I thought 2.9.7+ fixed it.

Any idea why this is popping back up again?

Thanks.

It’s probably because you have an older version of the plugin binary still on your system that takes priority on the new one. I suggest you try to locate it and remove it manually.

Not sure why, but after uninstalling and reinstalling GIMP 2.10.24 & G’MIC 2.9.9 pre yet One More Time (which I’ve done before) it’s now working. Must’ve finally gotten rid of whatever was still lurking. That process removed both the GIMP directory tree from PF and the GMIC directory from APPDATA\roaming, but I’ve done it before so it should’ve worked before.

Oh well, I seem to recall something about not staring a gift horse in the mouth… :slight_smile:

Thanks.