This week I got the AstrHori 25 mm F2.8 2x-5x ultra macro lens. Today, I tested it the first time with “real” subjects. At 5x magnification handheld images are not easy to get. The image above shows the shed exoskeleton of a woodlouse. And a second unidentified bug in the background. Handheld stack of 77 single images at 5x combined with Zerene stacker (sorry no FOSS used). Developed in darktable.
I am quite happy with the result. Especially because some people claim that at 5x the AstrHori is much inferior to the LAOWA 25 mm macro. I got the AstrHori for 179 EUR on eBay as a direct import from China (including shipping and tax). The price of the LAOWA would have been at least twice as high. I did not want to invest too much money as a macro beginner in particular because I also had to buy a Cygnustech diffuser from Australia
.
3 Likes
Awesome shot.
I already struggle with 2x of the Laowa, 5x sounds extremely difficult but rewarding at the same time.
1 Like
