EDITION=ā€œCinnamon 64-bitā€
DESCRIPTION=ā€œLinux Mint 18.3 Sylviaā€
DESKTOP=Gnome
TOOLKIT=GTK
NEW_FEATURES_URL=http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_sylvia_cinnamon_whatsnew.php
RELEASE_NOTES_URL=http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_sylvia_cinnamon.php
USER_GUIDE_URL=help:linuxmint
GRUB_TITLE=Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64-bit

Ok Iā€™ll be patient. I like the new software. My preferences menu shows I am using
/usr/share/gimp/2.0/themes/02-Gray/gtkrc

I edited the foreground and background colors to magenta and white just for debugging, but no change happened. So the executable I just downloaded must not be using that gtkrcā€¦even though the GUI says I am.

Iā€™ll wait. Itā€™s usable now. My menu headings are invisible but I know they are there. If I right click in the right place the right menu pops up.

FWIW
sudo updatedb
locate gtkrc | grep -i gtkrc doesnā€™t show any other likely gtkrc files

Thank you!

One more note:

advanced-tone-mapping seems to be part of gimp now rather than an add-on extension. I donā€™t remember adding the plugin for 2.10 and yet there it is.

When I use it (I always fiddle with it and try it and sometimes use the output) in 2.10 an error dialog pops up: ā€œgimp image add layer should be gimp image insert layer,ā€ followed by a few more when the extension finishes.

@thcfreak666 That doesnā€™t sound good. Might be a number of things including incompatibility, the type of work you are doing and / or bugs that need to be reported and fixed. I think everyone here would like to have a stabler GIMP, so it would be great if you donā€™t give up on it but share the details of your nightmare scenarios so someone could look into them.

1 Like

@thcfreak666
I donā€™t understand why you are so angry. You started off that way. No one else seems to be having all these problems. If you would calmly discuss the issues, maybe someone here can help you.

1 Like

You should report your issues with the details necessary to move towards a fix.

Your whining and negativity does not do anybody any good.

Iā€™ve had to remove thefreak666ā€™s account due to uncivil and offensive behavior.

I want to thank everyone who did the opposite of him in being patient, civil, and genuinely trying to help. Yā€™all are too kind. :smiley:

4 Likes