GIMP 2.10.20 is out

I’m not seeing the official announcement in this forum yet, but it looks like GIMP 2.10.20 was released yesterday. The changes seem fairly significant. In addition to some bug fixes, there are also some new blur filters as well as on-canvas vignetting. The announcement also says “Non-destructive cropping now available by cropping the canvas rather than actual pixels”, which means we can crop in and out without having to go find a previously saved version. I could have used that feature in a recent project.

I normally wait for the Partha build for Windows to be released before downloading, but I might check this one out before hand just to play around with it.

Special thanks to the devs for making it possible. It’s hard to believe I’ve been a GIMP user for 15+ years now. A lot of cameras and other software have come and gone in that time, but GIMP is the one thing that has stayed constant.

8 Likes

I will wait for a later installer revision. The last few initial installers have been buggy.

The announcement also says “Non-destructive cropping now available by cropping the canvas rather than actual pixels”, which means we can crop in and out without having to go find a previously saved version. I could have used that feature in a recent project.

Same as Image>Canvas size (without the “Resize layers” option) (but of course a bit more usable)

Hello @afre

I will wait for a later installer revision. The last few initial installers have been buggy.

So do I :slight_smile:
On Windows there is usually little testing since all GIMP developers work on Linux…

Started a thread at GIMPChat and was reluctant to upgrade until convinced that it was alright. Have to admit, so far, it’s the fastest version of the GIMP2.10x series I’ve seen so far. Interface is a bit smarter too (i.e., the new reduced icon set thingy now allows you to see what other functions are residing within that icon button). Still, haven’t thoroughly driven the new GIMP yet, but G’MIC and BRL (bevel reflect logo) still works which is my main plugins that I use often. :slight_smile: