Gimp-Batch & ImageMagick

I added to my plugin MrQ Gimp-Batch.py the ability to convert RAW files (to Gimp supported) using ImageMagic.

I have the following question:
does ImageMagic still not support national characters for paths and filenames?
If it is possible, please give me an example.

ImageMagick uses UTF-8 for paths and filenames, so you can use any characters that UTF-8 can encode. For example, see Question to unicode filenames · ImageMagick/ImageMagick · Discussion #6008 · GitHub

Thank You for the quick reply.
Unfortunately, the example with fonts and UNICODE does not help with the problem of national characters in paths and filenames.
The strange thing for me is that I could solve the same problem when I only use GIMP (but I’m not a programmer).
I’m still missing something because the same code doesn’t work when using ImageMagick and national characters.
The solution of temporarily converting national characters to English is not satisfactory for me (although it works then).

Sorry, I don’t know what you mean by “national characters”.

If they are not encoded as UTF-8, then perhaps they use one of the Windows code pages (chcp command), which uses one byte per character, with non-Latin characters represented by various code in the range 128 to 255. I have never understood Window code pages, or how they are used by different software.