GIMP logo for taskbar

Downloaded GIMP, installed on new laptop, logo for GIMP is nowhere to be seen. Where is it? How can I find it and install on taskbar?

What operating system?

What OS did you install Gimp on? The answer will depend on that.

@bevgand Welcome to the forum!

Simple questions:

• Where did you download GIMP?
  • What version did you get?
  • Is this your first time using GIMP?

Windows on an HP laptop.

Downloaded from the GIMP web site. I’m assuming it is the latest version put out by GIMP, whatever that is.

I had GIMP on my previous laptop for several years, a DELL that died. I only used it to straighten images. I do genealogy research and need to straighten things like photos or newspaper clips. I never used it for anything else.

Probably the easiest way for you is run the Gimp installer again. This time use the customise option. Towards the end is an add desktop shortcut. Then drag the shortcut to the taskbar.

Otherwise, Go to C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\gimp-2.10.exe right-click on it and make a shortcut. Drag that shorcut to the taskbar

THANK YOU! Your first suggestion worked. I was surprised by the new menu format, but I got the image that I needed to straighten done, so I’m happy!

Have a wonderful sunny day filled with your favorite things! Emoji

1 Like

Interesting. Never tried that. Last few times I have had a fresh install what I have done is - once the program is open, I click on the icon in the taskbar and ‘pin to taskbar’

yep, providing you can start it in the first place

Downloaded GIMP, installed on new laptop, logo for GIMP is nowhere to be seen. Where is it? How can I find it and install on taskbar?