Gimp & script-fu for serial image generation

Hi there,

I’m currently working on a project to design name-screens for a furthcoming streaming video.

The goal is to provide a screen, over the video stream, providing a fixed logo (bottom-right)
the date of the day (variable) and the name of the speaking person (variable / 33x of them)

I’m quite sure this can be scripted but I really don’t know where to start.

Does anyone has any lead or exemple I could use to output such things ?

Thanks in advance

Salut @Loiseau2nuit and welcome!

a) Operating system?
b) Does it have to be The Gimp?
If not, here is a good start: Writing Macro in LibreOffice Impress - Getting Started

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

Possibly see my ofn-export-layer-combinations script. You put things you want to iterate on in layer groups, you mark these groups with the “link” indicator, and run the script, which will export all combinations (“dot product”) of all marked groups, combined with whatever else is visible).

In your case you want to either have

• two groups: a group with the people’s names, and a group with the dates (so you get an export per person*date)
  • one single group with subgroups, each subgroup being a person and a date (o you get an export per person)
1 Like

Hej! :slightly_smiling_face:

@Claes
A- Either way Win 11 at work or Linux Mint at home (hence The Gimp)
B- Yes, it’d be preferable, as it is the best way I, as an IT guy, can work with our Marketing Dpt. which is also using The Gimp

I’ll have a look at Impress anyway
Thanks for the lead :wink:

@Ofnuts
That seems to be a perfect !
I’ll test that ASAP and give you feedback !
Thanks a lot Camarade ! :slightly_smiling_face:

@Ofnuts If I could put 10000 other :heart: on your answer, i’d do ! Your script saved me hours ! And the last mods on it were just so awsome ! Thank you, Thank you a thousand times ! :star_struck: