Give me a good reason...

This is quite sad… news for me. Never the less - quite disappointing to learn about it.

Maybe you are right. I would be good if the reviews are objective. I had (and still have) few good items made in Japan. Including one piece of electronic that is 30+ years old and works very well.
I think I never agreed with the Planned obsolescence - Wikipedia
It is just “chasing my tail” - soon I am gonna bark.

Ya you can still have reasons…here in Canada it is typical to have for example German and Japanese knives that are sold at Walmart or a basic chain and if you look on the box they are made in China. The same brand sold in the kitchen store are 2 or 3 times the price but made in Japan and or Germany. We have pots here as well…same deal some made in Canada and others in China or Asia.

I guess its up to the individual to determine the value vs cost in these situations…

All this discussion about the “made outside of Japan” reminded me of this scene of Back to the Future 3: Back to the Future - Made in Japan - YouTube
:blush:

I did talk about the dilution of manufacturers pride and management didn’t I? But thanks for elaborating on it for me.

This is the real silent killer, even if it has been around for more than 100 years, it only reached large electronics more or less in the past two decades. Unfortunately the only solution to this is sometimes to buy more expensive products by established companies, instead of Chinese knock offs, and hope for the best.

1 Like