G'MIC 3.2.5 : 15 years, and request for translation help

Hello everyone,

I’ve released version 3.2.5 of G’MIC today.
With this release, we celebrate the 15 years of the project ! This is quite a milestone !

At this occasion, I’ve written a quite long article (in French :fr: ) that sums up all the new features added since December 21:

(click on the link below to read the article with proper layout).

So, of course, I’d like to translate this article into proper, understandable English :us: , to publish it on the G’MIC website (just as I did for the 3.0.0 release 1.5 years ago: G'MIC 3.0: A Third Dose to Process Your Images!).

Is there any volunteer to help for the translation job ? The article is quite long. It took me already 6 full days to write), and my written English isn’t necessarily very good :slight_smile:
It’s written in Markdown format.

I’ve put the .md file in the gmic-community repository on Github, so everyone with a Github account could help (e.g. by making a pull request).

Any help is appreciated!

4 Likes

Hi, maybe i can help but i don’t have a github account. I’m french, btw :wink:

2 Likes

You don’t need a github account. Having one is simply convenient. You do need git.
Clone method: in your favorite shell:

git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/GreycLab/gmic-community.git
Cloning into 'gmic-community'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 421, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (421/421), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (376/376), done.
Receiving objects:  45% (190/421), 10.78 MiB | 180.00 KiB/s

The receiving objects line will run up to 100%, (1 - 5 minutes, depending on connection speed) then you will get your prompt back and you will have a gmic-community folder with the latest and greatest. See the Git Tutorial book for basics.

When you have push/pull down, ask @David_Tschumperle for rights to push to gmic-community. He’s been known to let scurrilous technical writers from Brooklyn in; a fellow French national should pose no difficulties…

Edit:
(When you have push/pull down…) Ah! At that point, you will need a GitHub account, in order to push to any repository hosted by GitHub.

Oh well, i’ve downloaded the file as a standard text anyway. I’m now editing it in Kate.
I’ll find a way to send it back to you, don’t worry :slight_smile:

But i guess i’ll have to learn Git sooner or later. Had to use a few commands to build Gmic on Linux anyway.

Thanks !

Somehow i feel this little clue is pointing at you… right? :face_with_peeking_eye: :mag_right:

Absolutely. Any one of the usual denizens around here can upload (commit), or just post the file here. The real work is the translation.

Hee, Hee.