G'MIC Align layers, need help to get it work

Hello @Wladimir_K

Just downloaded your jpeg images.
Tested with GIMP 2.10.18 - G’mic 2.9 (Windows 10 - 64 bit).

I had to compress them otherwise, with their full size G’MIC “choked” by trying to apply the filter (CPU I7 + 8 Gb RAM) :slight_smile:
In short, Gimp was “freezing” due to the task ahead.

As usual, the output of the images show them correctly “aligned” but they are not “cropped” to make them fit. (in the past it was different but I may be wrong…)

As it is David’s help is mandatory here :slight_smile:

Here is my screenshot:

I’m not sure they was cropped before, but in any case, I don’t think that auto-cropping is a desirable behavior here.

hello @David_Tschumperle

I don’t think that auto-cropping is a desirable behavior here.

You are the real expert here :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

In the past, for this topic, I have recorded a video tutorial as regards this filter (G’MIC version 2.8.3). The goal was to take a look of it when needed.

Here it is is (I can’t drag this mp4 here because it is not “recognized” as valid format):

If you take a look at the very end of this video you will notice that the 3 jpeg images are cropped to make them fit.
As it is now, this filter is perfectly fine for me.
I was just curious myself about the change in its behaviour :slight_smile:

But anyway, thanks a lot for your help. It is really appreciated! :slight_smile:

Now it works!
Thank you a lot for your work!

1 Like

I’m using G’MIC 3.0.0, with the Align Layers having a latest update of 1 november 2020

I’m also getting the mentioned earlier behavior of the preview working nicely, but not the end result… did this error somehow come back perhaps?

Ah I think I’ve found the reason for why it wasn’t working for me: the overal size of the various images I was aligning (from various x-ray machines in my case) was too different. Cropping beforehand helped. Still odd that the preview did work correctly though, right

1 Like