G'MIC fun with Reptorian

Now, I decided I want a thread where I will share my images dones with G’MIC-QT using Krita as driver.

Here’s something I just made:

Thorn Fractal Background, and Popcorn Fractal Foreground.

4 Likes

Interesting.

Add animation and a track, and you are on your way to making a pretentious tv series opening credit sequence.

I look forward to entering the world of g’mic once I get a new Linux. Krita runs a bit slow on my macbook and I have no experience using command line. Does g’mic-qt plugin contain all g’mic filters, or just a selection?

Your image makes me think of Mordor, in abstract.

G’MIC-QT as a plugin don’t have all g’mic filters. There are few filters that are exclusive to cli. Often because either best on cli or they’re planned to be part of gui.

1 Like

Another fun. This time using a new function I added to Thorn Fractal.

1 Like

Just discovered a interesting use of the dla filter. Make it look like comic, but with some style.

I tried using chirikov-taylor equation without the fmod() section on Thorn Fractal. It gives me this:

On a related note, I had completely failed at coding chirikov-taylor for g’mic-qt.

I feel that the bone (i.e. femur and cross like) shapes are throwing the rest of the image off.

1 Like

It does, but for this thread, my only rule is to not edit by hand. So, with that rule, they can’t be removed.

Reminds me of pirates: crossbones and x marking the spot. :pirate_flag:

How to add tags again? I’d like to add fun to the tags list.

Also, this is for a Paint.NET competition.

Your thread is now christened as fun.

1 Like

Another one for the PDN competition.

Final Entrance

I think I will use this entrance instead:

1 Like

I am not convinced. The image seems to be cropped along the edges and therefore incomplete. I suggest you add more breathing room for the shape.

I’m not sure how to do that. Here’s the original.

I’m thinking of submitting this instead by the way.