G'MIC fun with Reptorian

5 Likes

This is the best one @Reptorian its awesome!

I can top that:

8 Likes

How did you put this in Blender?

I used isophotes command, and then o name.obj in g’mic, and finally imported to g’mic. I did do some local normalization first to bring out details.

3 Likes

I wanted to do something with your image above. Like have a video game character such as Samus form Metroid traverse this area but alas Big N would have a beef with that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Another thorn fractal, i just love trying out custom formula

vx(a,b)=a/(sin(b)*sinc(a)-cos(a)*sinc(b));
vy(a,b)=b/(sin(a)*sinc(b)-cos(b)*sinc(a));
1 Like

Since this is a fun thread:

Here’s something

rep_van_eck:
skip ${2=1}
# $1==max_array
# $2==start_point
(0)
eval "
da_push(#-1,$2);
da_push(#-1,0);
while(da_size(#-1)<$1,
 v=i[#-1,da_size(#-1)-1];
 r=0;
 rn=0;
 for(p=(da_size(#-1)-2),p>-1,p--,
  r++;
  if(i[#-1,p]==v,rn=r;break(););
 );
 da_push(#-1,rn);
);
end(resize(#-1,1,da_size(#-1),1,1,0););
"

Test Result

C:\Windows\System32>gmic echo ${rep_van_eck\ 30,0}
[gmic]-0./ Start G'MIC interpreter.
[gmic]-0./ 0,0,1,0,2,0,2,2,1,6,0,5,0,2,6,5,4,0,5,3,0,3,2,9,0,4,9,3,6,14
[gmic]-0./ End G'MIC interpreter.

I also did rep_int2roman and pushed it, and that’s only useful enough since it can be used as part of name.

EDIT: Improved on rep_van_eck.

Not as catchy as others, I know. This is Mitchell Concatenation. It’s a bit fun to explore what happens at different digits, and bases, and start number. Also, enjoying that I’m practically done with that since it’s more than 1200 lines of code.

For those who don’t know what that is, here’s a hint:
[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10]+[10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1] =[2,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,2,3,1]

Another one. This time, base 1000, and base 999.

3 Likes

Just leaving this here…

4 Likes

Thing of nightmares if those were turned into eyes. :ghost: :scream:

1 Like

Not wow-ish. It’s Thorn Fractal with a bit of experiment with concat().

1 Like

I like it, save for the holes, which I don’t think was intended.

No, it wasn’t. With more work on the custom expression, I could patch up the hole. Alternatively, directly editing it would work. Thank you anyway.

1 Like

Except for the middle one, I don’t see a pattern for the locations of other black patches. If this were a map, they would be secretive black sites. Hey, I am a storyteller. :stuck_out_tongue:

So, is concat() a math parser macro? I thought you were working on adding to the CImg header.

@David_Tschumperle decided not to merge it.

See here for reference:

I pushed a compromise solution in g’mic-community.

Reasonable. I have always wondered if one could make a separate binary that uses Cimg. I.e., gmic may call this. @snibgo seems to do that in IM-land, making his filter/functions run much quicker than with fx. That might motivate me to learn C++.

Command exec is your friend for that!

I saw that coming when you mentioned code changes - probably best to check whether it’s needed/wanted before you start. Also, I don’t think the code style of cimg is suitable for many contributions. I know the author has reasons for keeping it this way :slight_smile: