gmic installation problem

Hello, I followed the installation instruction from gmic site, but when I opened the new Gimp 2.10 I got some errors such as: problem2problem1

How can I deal with this?

Wait for the updated G’mic that will work with Gimp 2.10 to come out…

Just for my understanding:
I thought the whole point in putting G’MIC in a different folder than the regular plugins was to avoid incompatibilities by bringing it’s own dlls.
Am I getting this wrong?
Also I remember this specific problem happening pre 2.10. Might there be anything else I am doing wrong?

Here I think the problem is a bit different : the problem comes from a .dll that is not brought by G’MIC, but is a default GIMP DLL. With the new version 2.10 of GIMP, this DLL has changed and apparently some functions defined before are not there anymore (but as the G’MIC binary has been compiled with the previous dll, it looks for the obsolete function). Hence the error message.

I don’t see other ways of fixing the G’MIC for GIMP 2.10 problem than recompiling the plug-in specifically with the GIMP 2.10 API, with all the new libs, etc.
On Windows, this means : setting up a new compilation environment for GIMP 2.10 plug-in, which is a pain to do (only a few people know how to do this cleanly, like @samj or @partha) .
The solution will come from them probably.

Personally, I’m pretty sure this would take me ages to make it work by myself (and as I said in a previous post, I’m currently very busy writing a manuscript for a University degree).
I guess we have to wait then :slight_smile:

@David_Tschumperle, Not to worry. :slightly_smiling_face: My 2.10 build is coming either today or tomorrow. It’ll include your G’MIC as usual.

Thanks,
Partha

3 Likes

Great news @partha !
Another question though : we are actually looking for a working development environment that we could install on Windows to make our own compilation of the plug-in (for testing and official builds).
Is it something you could help for ?

EDIT : of course, same question for @samj :slight_smile:

@David_Tschumperle Happy to help. Let me know what you need and we can go from there.

Please email me for faster response.

Thanks,
Partha

3 Likes