GPS Elevation ???

I use digiKam to manually type in the GPS coordinates on my images.
The way I have been doing it, (Top-Right) I type in the position and Apply; then, (List of Images on Left) I Right-click and choose “Find Missing Altitude Value”
This enters the elevation in meters.
I would very much prefer my elevations be in Feet.
Is there any way that I can change this behavior in the digiKam Geolocation Editor ?
I did try a couple of test images that I knew the elevation in feet and manually typed it in the “Altitude” at Top-Right; it accepted this and the number I entered shows up in the EXIF just as I entered it; however, I could find no means of differentiating between Feet and Meters.
It would not allow me to type the designation for Feet, nor would it allow me to simply type the word “feet”
With no means of noting which method of measurement is typed in, I will have some elevations in meters and some in Feet and no means of knowing which is which.
Is there a way I can do this; or, am I just going to have to live with the elevations being shown in meters ?

Thanks for reading and all help is appreciated.

More Info:
On investigating my test images where I manually typed in the altitude in feet, in most programs, it just shows the number; however, in some programs, including digiKam, it shows the number with “m” — so, I guess scratch that idea unless someone can shed some light on how I can get it to display as feet and not meters.