Great GIMP tutorials (in German though)

Hello, I came across this YouTube channel
https://m.youtube.com/user/GimpTutorialChannel
It has few great videos. They are all in German though but I used YouTube’s ability to generate and translate subtitles which made me understand most of them. I thought I would share it here with the beginners like me.

1 Like

Thanks for the interesting link. Also, I did not know that Utube can auto subtitle & translate. Funny. However, the guy is talking faster than I can read ;-). Therefore, I am glad that my German is good enough.

He’s got a ton of videos, some are also in english, which means he doesn’t speak, because he thinks his english is bad, but adds subtitles or explanations.

:+1: Great link, thanks a lot!
Not just GIMP but also a few things about RawTherapee and Darktable!

I’ve been watching his youtube videos for ages, and simply watch to learn, I’ll have to give the translation a go now.

I have to admit that I am not the biggest fan of this channel. While I admire his pace and output, there is hardly anything explained in the videos. I really miss two informations: Why is a technique selected to give a desired result and how does this technique work. Without these informations it will be almost impossible to reproduce the techniques on other images.

1 Like