Grey sky, grey sea, grey structure

There is an interesting structure in Oslo harbour, but on a grey day I am not sure I got the best out of it:

_CTW9753.NEF (50.7 MB)
_CTW9753.NEF.xmp (13.5 KB)

These files are licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

1 Like

Hello, interesting indeed!

Everything is grey as you said, so perfect for a b&w rendition. Here’s mine, made in ART. Btw, those spots on the left side of the image, are those on your sensor?

_CTW9753.jpg.out.arp (11.1 KB)

3 Likes

Let’s try something different

_CTW9753.NEF.xmp (17.6 KB)

5 Likes

At play…

_CTW9753_01.NEF.xmp (19.6 KB)

6 Likes

Yes, the marks were there or some pictures, but not on others. I couldn’t isolate it to a particular lens or filter. It turned out to be a stray piece of fluff in the cavity, with the mirror occasionally kicking it onto the sensor.

A little information about this sculpture “She Lies”:

website artist:

Wikipedia:

1 Like

For a bit of fun I thought I would see what the diffuse or sharpen module’s preset for watercolor would do. I changed the blending mask to multiple. Interesting effect.
_CTW9753.NEF.xmp (14.3 KB)

We could of course brighten that a bit if desired using an RGB curve at the end of the pipeline.

_CTW9753.NEF.xmp (16.3 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for posting
darktable 4.4.2

_CTW9753_01.NEF.xmp (15.9 KB)

I recognised those spots, as I had them on my old Nikon D40 as well. They were permanent though, so visible on all photos. I cleaned the sensor with a LensPen, cheap and efficient. Do those spots in your D850 disappear in one way or another? ?

I have a Dust Patrol cleaning kit. I blew out the fluff and did a wet clean of the sensor. Everything seems OK now.

this is how my monkey sees it, sorry …

Custom;_CTW9753_lzn_4_monkey_business.lzt.txt (11.5 KB)

3 Likes

_CTW9753_Rawtherapee and GIMP crop

Two versions of the game

2 Likes

_CTW9753.jpg.out.pp3 (15.2 KB)

2 Likes

_CTW9753.NEF.xmp (18.0 KB)

2 Likes