Groynes at New Brighton

I had a play with it in ART 1.20. Several more subtle things were done rather than just one heavier edit. Tried to emphasize the distance and mood with low-frequency local contrast on the clouds and higher-frequency local contrast on the foreground, a very slight blue shift toward the horizon, darker / slightly desaturated clouds and slightly emphasized greens and browns in front. Plus a vignette and gradient. Oh yeah, a 16:9 crop to emphasize the horizontal scale.

_CTW2190.nef.arp (38.6 KB)

Interesting image!

2 Likes

My version…

_CTW2190.nef.xmp (16.0 KB)

Just for giggles, I ran a straight raw conversion with dcraw. Except for the uncorrected vignetting, it is beautiful. I hope you don’t mind me posting it.

We went out for lunch today (Inn at Loch Tummel). For dessert, we both had the chocolate fondant. Mine was runnier in the middle than my wife’s (a slightly uneven oven, at a guess). This raised a discussion as to whether there was such a thing as a canonical chocolate fondant, one which was right, and all others wrong. We both agreed that there was no such thing.

I post images on Play Raw to see what other people can do with them, and to learn more about both taking pictures and how to process them. I may prefer some treatments to others, but I certainly don’t think that mine is the canonical version.

3 Likes