Guardian (my first successful Darktable attempt)

Ok, after an incredibly frustrating super high threshold to climb over, now that I’m standing on top of it, I do like the potential of what I see. I think I can dump Lightroom for good! :+1: The layering of effects, the detail mask, the sheer number of options, it’s all really impressive. However, I must admit… the final touch on this image was still made with the magic slider in Luminar Neo. :blush:

6 Likes

Since you add in this comment might be nice to post the pre Neo as well so that we can guage what additional benefit you are getting … just for context…

1 Like

Sure, here you go:

I bet I could achieve the same in Darktable, but I already had 2 color balance effects, 2 local contrast effects, haze removal, etc etc spent way too long tweaking all sliders and adding for example base curve (which I usually do often in Affinity) didn’t do what I wanted and I was unsure where to get that final little something from (still only on day two or three using Darktable), so sometimes it’s nice to just have a single slider that does it all for you to fall back on. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks I will take a better look later I was just curious…

1 Like

Tone Equalizer will give you that contrast pop.

2 Likes

Ah, right! Yeah, that works and eliminates the need for Luminar. Thanks!

(Weirdly, the “advanced” tab seems a lot easier to use than the “simple” tab…)

Simple can be handy if you just want to bump one or two zones… in advanced its a broader adjustment…

Make sure you adjust the mask!