Guess what he is downloading ;) [NSFW language]

I know it’s not nice to bash on other Software, but this clip is so well made and also true, that I just could not resist.
Have fun!

8 Likes

It’s absolutely true that Adobe/Photoshop users think that they are married to Adobe

2 Likes

So fun to watch :slight_smile:

What it is even more interesting is that this video has been crafted with:
“Adobe Animate, Photoshop, Premier, After Effects”, which is quite “food for thought” as well

The mind is willing, but the flesh is weak. :wink:

2 Likes

@Mondayman I’m not sure why nobody gave this a :yellow_heart: yet. I’ll gladly break the ice here!
That tickled my twisted sense of humor quite well.

As I wrote previously, I respect Adobe for its contribution to industry, research and standards, and its ability to bring disparate concepts and different people together. It has had and still has a profound impact on almost everything we discuss on this forum. If it weren’t for Adobe, we wouldn’t be where we are today.

That said, its business, legal, software and support philosophies can be antagonistic, made rotten by its entitled and brutish vocal customer base. It takes two to make a relationship truly unhealthy. :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

1 Like

@sls141
Then you will like his clip on facebook too.
He has a cool unique comic-real-mix style.

@afre
If Adobe would have listened a bit to its users and would have made Linux versions of their programs, I would probably still use Adobe products. I changed mostly because of Windows.
That was the main pain in the butt.
Although on Linux wasn’t any Adobe I made slowly the switch to Foss after they changed to the Creative Cloud. And never looked back. There are so good alternatives out there nowadays.
Thanks to all who made this possible. :heart:

1 Like

I was being gracious in my previous post. Now for dark humour.

1 Not having apps or feature parity on lesser systems was a kick in the butt.
2 Following MS’s embrace, extend, extinguish but backwards was an eye poke.
3 Forcing unnecessary use of the entire app suite was a few punches to the gut.
4 Creative Cloud was a punch to the solar plexus (edit[1]).

I’m done. Won’t even pirate unless I’m curious or ___ hate myself. FLOSS it is!

[1] humour can sometimes be too dark or triggering. Better self-censor.

@Mondayman While it’s true that I’m no Facebook fan, I’d like to see something similar directed at Microsoft’s Windows 10 updates that take several hours and restarts to do the same thing Linux does in minutes. Or at Apple’s “you can only buy from the company store” attitude towards jail-breaking ios and getting useful apps for an Ipad or Iphone that the “company store” doesn’t offer.

2 Likes

@sls141 Ah, the terribly inconsistent vs the neat freak. :sweat_smile: James’ YouTube channel has a Facebook video but not a Microsoft one. Make a request. :wink:

Love it, I am so glad to not be in the Adobe ecosystem. I don’t do pure FOSS, but it’s nice to not be stuck in the Subscription software money drain hole. Also, Rawtherapee is much more powerful than Lightroom unless you absolutely need an integrated DAM solution, and the boot time is much faster.

2 Likes

Other than Microsoft, Adobe was probably the main company that caused me to run screaming toward FOSS software.
Strike one: a slow, bloated, buggy PDF reader. Not a good omen for more complex software.
Strike two: Flash. I don’t need to comment further on that one.
Strike three: Creative Cloud (never bit on that one)

2 Likes

@afre That reminds me, why not direct something at Google as well. The Youtube owners won’t allow me to make a comment on any Youtube video unless I create my own Youtube channel. I have a Google account, and subscribe to many channels, but before I can post a comment towards anything, I must jump through yet another hoop and create a damn Youtube channel! Ridiculous!

Well, with a monthly $20 USD subscription to the whole suite, they kind of are.

@betazoid @Rick More like kissing the ring. Should you stop paying tribute, you no longer have access to your life’s work (files and workflow). You are not your own.

@sls141 When Google isn’t clingy, it’s stalking you. It hopes you forget you haven’t logged out. It savours the breadcrumbs that you leave on your android phone and the rest of its online services they auto-re-opted you in. Tenuous relationship because I pour out my soul in Gmail and ancillary services like Docs.

2 Likes

Windows 10 updates that take several hours and restarts to do the same thing Linux does in minutes

To add insult to injury, it is done at the worst possible time. Please don't power off your computer. So you have to ask Microsoft for the right to go home at the end of the day.

1 Like

I’ve been in a marriage like that.

1 Like