Has something recently changed in the color calibration defaults - bug or not? [resolved - not a bug]

I don’t know if this is a bug or just a change in behaviour but it’s a slight nuisance. At least in my specific workflow.

I recently installed the 4.3 +1435 Windows build posted about a week ago (I think) after using 4.3 +287 for some time.

I have pixel workflow defaults set to none as I prefer to see what the tonemapper will do and also usually like to use just the WB module for white balance. However I often use the channel mixer tabs in color calibration.
Previously, if I start moving sliders in the channel mixer part of CC it will initialize to bypass mode, i.e. no chromatic adaption, which is what I want.

Now, however, it defaults (when enabled) to CAT16 adaptation, as if I had a ‘modern’ workflow option selected. Meaning I have to manually set it to bypass, then continue with adjustments. Obviously, if this is intended behaviour I can just make a preset - but it would be interesting to know.

Thanks!

Bump… anyone? :open_mouth:

Yes a recent change. When workflow is None and a module is activated it default to scene-referred default as this is the workflow we favor in dt.

1 Like

Right, all good, understand. Thanks for the clarification! :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

There already is a preset called channel mixer, unless I’m mistaken.

1 Like

I think you could just hit the dropdown to bypass and auto preset that I am now wondering if DT has been set to check for one CC module and then open a new one in bypass… I think that is how it used to work??

1 Like