Having Blast with darktable.

Hi All

Well, it has been a couple of days of leaving On1 Raw alone and diving into Dark Table, so far I have not hit many major problems however it is a learning curve, to say the least.

I must say when I first dived in it was daunting, all of those various modules that left me scratching my head, however after zeroing everything out and starting afresh as the videos and resources on here advise you to do things are getting a little more focused.

It has been great diving into some old archives and digging out some images from past travels.

Here are a few that I have run through Darktable,

Coast off of West Cork

View over the Mountains in Killarny

Glengarriff Waterfall

Penmon Lighthouse

Old Lighthouse on Anglesey and Snowdon in the back ground

Heron on the banks of Oare Creek

Hopefully, I am not breaking any rules with excitable image uploads showing progress.

Just finding it rather enjoyable getting great results from Darktable, I am still trying to find a method of doing aligned HDR’s as it seems that DT does not alight bracketed shots whilst producing HDR files. However, I am sure I will be able to find something that will do the job.

Thank you to all the people that welcomed me to the forum and offer up solutions to assist with dodging and burning, I am reviewing the modules that people mentioned and have a couple of videos to what as well.

Many thanks all.

Nigel.

19 Likes

This reminds me of the time I traveled in Ireland all along the beautiful coast and country side more than 10 years ago with my heckflosse. Thank you for that :+1:

1 Like

More Than Welcome…

Here is one more for you then…

Derilict Cottage Way Up In the Black Valley just outside of Killarney

7 Likes

If you don’t mind that I use RawTherapee instead of darktable to process my shots, I will post some of my Ireland pictures tomorrow. Or should we open a new thread for this?

1 Like

I am more than happy for them to be posted in here. would be great to see them.

Nice!

Brings back memories of walking through the very beautiful Dingle, Cahersiveen, Killarney area way back when…

Here some of my Ireland pictures

Assaranca Waterfall

Oysters

Blasket Islands

Heckflosse on tour

Slea Head

Dun Briste Sea Stack at Downpatrick Head.

11 Likes

Very nice indeed it looks like you had a grand time… the sea stack is an impressive beast. You can not beat the Coastline in Ireland it is just so raw and dramatic when the weather is having a hissy fit.

I updated the text above the sea stack…