HDR work flow while importing files

Whats the best way of organizing your hdr photos. How can you determine which photos need to be processed. If i tool 3 pics for hdr amongst 50 photos, is there s searchable way to look for those pics that are all aligned with different shutter speeds? I shoot now with the first pic with 1 finger in the frame, 2-4 for my hdr and the 5th with 2 fingers in frame. I know beginning,shots then after. There has to be a better way

1 Like

Shoot a dark frame (lens cap on) before and after?

My camera notes the bracketed EV in the metadata I believe. So look for +1, +2 etc.

Thank you great idea. I person said it is in metadata. +1 etc. But i like yiur idea

I eill youtube search metadata lookup in darktable. Thank u for resonse. Is that eadier than lens cap on before and aftet

There is a capture time stamp for each image and this has always been sufficient for the software and me to work out. I never use fingers or dark frames since seeing the three bracketed shots and knowing that I will benefit from merging them is enough for me.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

1 Like

A common trick for detecting bracketing is to look for shot times that are very close together. That’s how HDRMerge detects bracket series automatically