Heiligenhafen (D) 2021

26 Likes

Very cool! I know the location, to find such a wonderful tphoto motif is not easy.

1 Like

Very nice! I just know HH from driving to the Puttgarden ferry :slight_smile:

1 Like

Superb shot! Love the ambiance of this one; Moody and I like that the few brighter colours are toned down.

Very nice indeed.

2 Likes

To be honest: there is nothing random in this shot.

My family gathered at Heiligenhafen for … a particular reason (let’s keep it at that) and we ( a group of 10 people) had to kill some time. The weather was horrible, but i am one of those who can’t just sit still and neither could (left to right) my cousin, my brother’s daughter, my daughter or my wife. Thorsten (my cousin) was smart enough to bring his umbrella, we others were in dire need for one.

I pretty much knew the photo and how I would crop and convert it when I went into one of the numerous tourist shops and bought more umbrellas. I wanted yellow, red, blue and green but had to settle for yellow, red and violet. Crappy quality for an incredibly high price (15.- Euro each), but I I had my four colors for four people when I included the black one.

Coming out of the store, I had to explain why I bought these horrible colors (“Hey, they were the last three under 20.- Euro”) and motivate the group to get back onto the pier in order to pose for the family album. I knew exactly that “my” shot would be from behind and the colors would be the subject, not the persons. I arranged the colors (the two darkest and tallest on the outsides, the brightest next to the darkest) and asked them to go ahead to the end of the pier.

I shot three bursts of maybe 20 frames altogether - 15 upright and 5 landscape format - while the group walked in front of me, but I pretty much knew that the photo would be upright and needed some foreground. This one shown here is my favorite, and I especially like the reflection of the umbrella colors on the wet boardwalk.

We then made a number of family photos with people facing the camera and my cousin and my daughter took the camera for some time, so I appear on those pictures, too.

Taking a photo doesn’t start with a camera - it ends with picking up the camera ;o)

7 Likes

No problem in setting up a shot, the result counts!

1 Like

Incredible shot!

1 Like

This shot has such a great mood. Love it!

1 Like