Help - discuss.pixls.us

I don’t know where else to make this comment, so I’ll try the lounge.
2023-08-23: I’ve been having a hard time for the past few weeks with the discuss.pixls.us web site!
First, ti was with accessing the site a few weeks ago. Now (using Edge & Firefox browsers) in all of the posts I’m getting the message “this image could not be loaded”. When I click a link to download, I get the message “Couldn’t download - Network issue”. I don’t have these problems with other sited (ex. www.experts-exchange.com)
I loaded an image from an outside link, no problem: zurcloud.de
Anyone else having problems?

For me, everything is working (both on the phone, the Windows laptop and the Linux desktop, all under Firefox).

1 Like

Thanks kofa,
Well, seems like Win 11 or security settings is the problem - please ignore this post. Unless other Win 11 users can give me some advice, perhaps the monitor can delete the topic & the posts.

I use Win 11, with no problems (other than a few weeks ago, when the site was down for a couple of weeks).

You might have a localised speed problem, with images taking too long to download, creating timeouts.

ping -l 1000 discuss.pixls.us” is one of the slower sites, eg 44ms, compared with 24ms for zurcloud.de, and 9ms for www.experts-exchange.com. Of course, this will depend on geography (I’m in the UK), number of hops, and so on.

It was like a week! Just a long week with no forum to hold my attention.

1 Like

UPDATE: 2023-08-24
Well, who knows what the **** goes on with Win 11.
After 2 days of not being able to see the images on the site (email of 2023-08-22), today, everything works as before! Very eerie stuff!
My ping results:

•     Minimum = 127ms, Maximum = 136ms, Average = 129ms

Thanks for all of your comments :wink:

Moved thread to the recommended category.

Good to hear. I haven’t had any issues on my Windows 11 work laptop - oops, I should be working. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I update it often and have noticed variances in connectivity and speed, so it could be the OS…