Help Me Build a Lua Script for Automatically Applying Fujifilm Film Simulations (and more)

Thank you for the feedback! I wasn’t even aware that exiftool outputs are actually standardized. I checked what I could with the few cameras I had available and noticed some differences between them, so I would expect different models to tag things differently.

If you’d like, I’d be grateful for a pull request on the repo that makes it work for your X-T20.

The tiny size of my LUTs is probably simply because they are 16x16x16 LUTs, as opposed to the more common 64x64x64. I could render them as 64 as well, but the additional fidelity is simply not needed, and I smooth them heavily anyway. It’s also trivial to render them as .cube files instead, if that helps. The repo for the LUT builder script is here, btw.

I made the pull request here.

There’s another issue I just noticed, that may be a bug or a difference in camera models, but your landscape/portrait code check always comes out as landscape for me.
You’re doing an if image.width > image.height check but these seem to be the full dimensions of the raw image, not the actual jpeg size, so will always come out as landscape.
If you can confirm this is a bug on your camera too then I’ve made a fix in this branch here that you can pull.

Wonderful, thank you so much!