Help me ! Rawtherapee [solved]

Not since 2011. Usage of that acronym lead to justification for inclusion of arcane tools which were so convoluted as to not be practically useful, so the acronym was dropped in 2011.
https://code.google.com/archive/p/rawtherapee/issues/885
There still are arcane tools and sliders, e.g. “ΔØ Mask Laplacian solve PDE”, but at least the software name can no longer be used as justification for their inclusion.

Yes, I most certainly agree with that. After all these years this is quite the discovery and now makes so much more sense what the therapee bit about it.

I always thought it of it as it’s the treatment you need for raw files, which probably plays nicely into these clever unix recursive acronyms and word play.

I wonder if the word experimental still fits. RT is quite the raw editor these days. I guess keeping experimental in there allows for more new and interesting capability to evolve? Tracking dev right now certainly highlights the development and interesting evolution of algorithms etc :slight_smile:

Oh… well there you go… pity I didn’t read down to here before my wholehearted support of having some reference to it.

Would some reference to its history fit somewhere on the page? (Not that I have looked to see if it already does).