Help me ! Rawtherapee [solved]

Hi it’s my first time in Rawtherapee! I don’t know why my raw pictures when I have imported in the software still look black and red ! In this condition I’m not able to manage them ! I’m going mad
In the link there is the screenshot of the problem. Have I to click a different setting of the format??

Hi and welcome @gttsofia!

Why are you using RawTherapee 2.4? Latest is 5.8.

Best,
Flössie

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Where were you even able to find a RawTherapee distribution that old?

Like others have said, please install a recent version and try again: http://www.rawtherapee.com/

Maybe here?: RawTherapee - RT 2.4

Possibly. Of course, that would require someone to actively look for 2.4.

It turns out that 2.4.1 (close to 2.4) is still on the downloads list at
RawTherapee - Downloads, where the fact that this release is almost 12 years old.

I’d be interested to know where the OP got their copy of 2.4, in case there is some site out there somewhere actually offering 2.4 as current software.

1 Like

Thank you for the tip! It’s working! But the last 20 picture are still in the old platform of RAWTherapee!! I don’t know why!! And I don’t know how transfer them in the new!! image0.jpeg
When I save one for example RAWTherapee save in png and so don’t change !! Still black and violet !! Can you help me?? I don’t know what there aren’t anymore colors in this picture

Delete all .pp* files of the images which are not shown correctly and open the images again in RT 5.8

Hi! Thank you so much. The nroblem has been solved :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Btw: I just downloaded 2.4, which also was the first version o RT I used

grafik

I started contributing to RT much later (in 2013)

5 Likes

I remember reading documentation or a tutorial for some ancient version of Rawtherapee, and was amazed at how rudimentary the tools seemed. Lots of progress.

I even remember downloading it in 2014, to process some CHDK raw files on my Canon point and shoot, and was amazed at how terrible they looked with neutral processing, and learned how much internal processing the camera was doing, to correct all the crazy barrel distortion, as well as loads of noise. At that point, I was a 15 year old overwhelmed with options, and I gave up until I got my first DSLR for Christmas that year, and began to learn how to get good results using Rawtherapee about then. Even in early 2015, it had no good tone compression algorithms, nor wavelets, so I ended up learning how to blend masked curves in an external pixel editor very early as a result.

Nowadays, Rawtherapee is very powerful, and I find myself only doing editing in an external pixel editor maybe 10% of the time, 4% if you exclude panoramas.

1 Like

@heckflosse It’s an acronym??? I learned something today :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Me too. It seems like linux/foss people like their acronyms.

For instance, GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program.

Then you extend out the GNU acronym, and you get:
GNU’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

Extend out GNU again, and you get:
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program,

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

And do it again,
GNU’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix’s Not Unix Image Manipulation Program

Ok, after 20 iterations done with a Python loop, the point has been made.

1 Like

Here’s a bit of ancient history for you: back in the days I managed a Dutch/Belgian community of PCLinuxOS and did Dutch-language remasters as well as the DPE (Digital Photography Edition) of PCLInuxOS - a remaster filled to the brim with image editing stuff and by special permission from the master himself (Gabor) also RT in one of its earliest versions. It was not yet open-sourced at that time yet but Gabor Horvath graciously allowed me to include the binary on the PCLinuxOS DPE.

Read more about it here: https://pclosmag.com/html/Issues/201005/page11.html

1 Like

Perhaps we should mention this somehow in rawpedia… Just a thought…

2 Likes

Did the main Rawtherapee contributor back in the day use a nick containing Dr? Or am I confused?

No

DrSlony?

1 Like

Thats the one! Another software?

No. That’s @Morgan_Hardwood