Help - visualisation problem with darktable

I’m having a very strange issue with darktable 3.2.1 on Mac OS (10.15.7). All of a sudden it has “decided” that this is the only way it displays any image:

Does anyone know what could be going on and how it could be fixed?

Thanks!

1 Like

You’re going to need to provide more information.

If you try exporting, do you get the same dark image, or does it look better?
If you check your history, and click different points there, can you find one that turns the image dark?
Does the situation change if you disable OpenCL?

I didn’t try to export any image, but selecting different points on the history didn’t solve it. I selected the image I was editing when it happened and tried to turn all the modules off and on, but it didn’t solve the issue either. I eventually recalled that I had focus peaking turned on just before everything got that strange. Once I turned it off, nothing happened, but then, as I turned off all the modules, everything came back to normality. I then turned the modules on again, and things were working normally as they should. That was some really strange behaviour, it was the first time it happened. What strikes me is that is affected any image I tried to open.
My particular issue was solved, but if there is any information I could provide to help the developers assess what could have caused this behaviour, please let me know.
Thanks for the help.