Help with flat field correction

Yes. Both are 3060x2040.

Ok, I can load DSC00850.dng, and there definitely is a difference between left (without flat field) and right (with flat field)

Did you try to change the extension to something other than tif? My bet is that this is what is confusing RT

Alberto, you are absolutely right. Changing the extension to CR2 for example, gives me an interpolated RAW:

Removal of that green cast was what I was looking for. Not sure why I don’t see that happening on my copy…

Also, although I can get the files to load by renaming them to something else, like RAW; when I do that, the EXIF is lost. Exporting as DNG from LR preserves the EXIF.

Looking at dcraw’s supported cameras, the Kodak DCS460 is listed. So RawTherapee should be able to read the raws. I’m going to run them through dcraw directly to verify this, but, any other thoughts on configuration changes to Raw Therapee that could correct this? Or would it be a bug/feature request?

I don’t know if there is a valid way to detect whether a TIFF is a demosaiced or non-demosaiced file… That would be a prerequisite for support

The EXIF tag that would tell that is PhotmetricInterpretation…

Currently, desmosaiced TIFFs can be loaded. Raw TIFFs (at least the DCS460 ones) are not shown at all.

I will also try later with some EOS-1D raw TIFFs to see if those are handled any differently.

In my opinion it’s waste of time to try opening (tiff) raw files in RT. If you can convert them to dng and then open them, that’s fine, but most likely we will not add support for this old format in RT.

I can fork it and add my own, though, right? Seems like it shouldn’t be too bad since dcraw already supports these formats.

Well, if you go to the trouble to create a fully functional fork, you might as well create a pull request.

Did you try simply changing the extension to kdc?

I tried .dcs and .kdc. dcs is ignored, like TIF. kdc is treated like RAW or CR2 - no EXIF.

This seems to be specific to the Kodak DCS460 raw files. The EOS-1D raw .TIF files are read just fine.

You could try art, it uses a different metadata reader, maybe that works…

What’s art?

Oh. I see. It’s a fork. I’ll give that a shot. Thanks.

Same behavior with ART

I see some metadata, but they seem to be all in the “ImageDescription” field:

The DNG converter seems to be able to extract them from there, but neither exiv2 nor exiftool do it.

… on the other hand, the info is there and extracting it isn’t that hard…:

If you use the latest git master you should be able to see the metadata. And the flat-field correction seems to work just fine here…