Help with theme and scaling

I need some help.
I downloaded 4.2.1291 Release build. It was working fine. Then, I changed the default theme to `TooWaBlue’ theme (I don’t know why I did it!).

1. Now, The preference window has a default size wherein the OK/Cancel buttons are not visible. Moreover, it can not be resized so that no more changes can be done! So I can not go back to old default theme.
  2. Also, in the editor mode, the side tabs are so big that top and bottom menu buttons are not all visible. What should I do? See screenshots below:

You can see the Windows toolbar at the bottom. I shifted it to the side of the screen and it makes no difference.

Nevermind, I thought you had installed it manually !
Just move windows or change zoom to access the setting.

Namaste Shreedhar,

Strange behaviour… It seems to work OK here, using Win10/64b and the same version of RT.

One way to change the theme is to edit the settings file:
C:\Users\Shreedhar\AppData\Local\RawTherapee\options
and set Theme=RawTherapee you will find it a few lines from the top.

Good luck!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

1 Like

The TooWaBlue theme isn’t designed for low monitor resolutions.
To change to the original theme, follow these steps.

1. Open Preferences
  2. Select theme “RawTherapee”
  3. Set cursor into entry field “Other command line:”
  4. Hit “Tab” key three times
  5. Hit “Enter” key

Hello

There is something very wrong with your screenshots. First of all, everything is huge. Second, the Windows menu bar at the bottom of the screen has sharp text and icons, while everything in the RT window is blurry. If this was a HiDPI issue then perhaps the icons would be blurry, but the text should still be sharp. So, are you using some kind of desktop scaling mode in Windows?

Halla @Claes (I must say that, unlike you, I had to do net search to find this greeting! )

Thanks. I did the change in the options file and it worked. I am back to normal!

@keno40, I did not want to reinstall the programme. (There must be a better way, I thought!)

@TooWaBoo, my screen resolution is 1920by1080. Is it too low?

Thanks for all your replies. It feels like I belong!!!

@Morgan_Hardwood I do not even know what is desktop scaling mode. So it is not possible for me to knowingly use it. However, I do not know if some defaults in my OS has set it up. The details about my OS is as follows:

I do not see any blurr in the following (after changing back to RawTherapee theme)

BTW, a similar problem is as follows: Whenever, I use GMIC via GIMP, the smallest window with ‘normal’ preview window is too large to see the various saving options keys. So I have change the preview mode to `small’ and then decrease the size of the GMIC window to see the cancel, apply,OK buttons. I have to do this only for the first time of a session.
Are these problems related?

No, it’s not to low.
This is a screenshot of my monitor with 1920*1200 and it looks totaly different to yours.

The blue bars look superb!
I don’t want to hijack the main topic here, but is it possible for you to check what happens to this theme after you change your display to 1920x1020? (I can not go up to your resolution)?

Shure, here it is. As you can see, nothing changes. I guess you’ve set something in your gaphics card, which will upscale RT.

@shreedhar everything between the RawTherapee window’s titlebar and the Window start menu is blurred, because it has been upscaled. I don’t know why the text is blurred though, unless Windows treated text as graphics when upscaling.
Go to Start > Settings > System > Display and check that “Change the size of text, apps and other items” is at 100%.

My 15 inch 1920x1080 Windows 10 laptop was originally set to upscale (125 %, recommended). It looks to be the default “suggestion”.

You are so very right! The size was up scaled to 150% (recommended it seems!).
Now I have changed it to 100%
Thanks a ton (pun intended!). Here is a new screenshot

Yes. Now that I removed the default upscaling. Everything is working fine. Thanks for this theme. The blue adds a nice color.

You’re welcome, :slight_smile:

btw: You should change the font, 'cause this one has some wrong characters.

Yes, went back to the default Sans normal font and that issue is resolved. Thanks !