Helping converting RAW to JPEG?

1st of all thanks for this great FREE software.

How to process raw to jpeg in batches ? having a hard time finding it.

Thank in advance.

From the command line:

ufraw-batch --out-type=jpg --out-path=…/jpeg ./*.ARW

assumes your JPEGs are going into the “jpeg” subdirectory and your RAW files (in the current subdirectory) end in ARW (Sony). Substitute ".CR2 or .NEF or whatever.

Your JPEGs will have the same filename as your RAW files but with a “jpg” extension.

For mono conversion try:

ufraw-batch --grayscale=mixer --grayscale-mixer=21.3,71.5,7.2 --out-type=jpg --out-path=…/mono ./*.ARW

Cheers,
Robert

Hello @webb and welcome!

If you’re interested in learning something new, might I suggest checking out RawTherapee or Darktable? While uf-raw was excellent in its time, we have tools now that offer way more functionality than what uf-raw aims to provide.

We have dedicated subforums here for both Darktable and RawTherapee and would be glad to help with whatever you may need.

It wasn’t my question. I was answering someone else’s question. Thank you, but I do not need help with converting from RAW using DT or RT.

Perhaps the original question was asked because the op didn’t want to use DT or RT, or was even asking a general question.

Robert

D’oh, you are totally right, sorry. I’ve edited my original post, sort of…

1 Like

Which software are you asking about?

Always a good idea to find out.

I suspect he wants to do batch conversions with either RT or DT or ??? I think that their forums come home sites / manuals cover that using the same PP steps on all of the shots.

John

rawtherapee

You can read about batch operations like adjustments/sync, batch processing, or batch queue on RawPedia.

In a few words: process your images, go back to the file manager, select the images to process, hit Ctrl+B, then start the batch process from the batch tab.

Thanks