Highlight recovery test set

I have added an image that has significant chromatic problems at the edge of clipped regions.

2 Likes

I skimmed the paper yesterday. Nothing I haven’t already been doing. The challenge is determining the appropriate method for each step and which steps would yield a robust evaluator. E.g., unlike them, I have not been using perceptual space

I would also argue that, depending on where you put the highlights reconstruction in your pipeline, playing nice with the upcoming demosaicing, regardless of actual standalone performance, is already a criterion of performance in itself. See: chromatic aberrations.

But then, you evaluate the perf of the reconstruction + demosaicing.

So, yeah. As @Iain said, and even if that goes against my usual principles, I don’t see any way of assessing objective quality in this ill-posed problem but to go with what looks less shitty. If it was denoising or deblurring, I would have a different view, but this literally trying to guess the missing content.

2 Likes

Being practical is important. :wink:

1 Like

I am happy to dedicate Colourful night shot with reflections to the public domain. How could I best do that?

@ilia3101 I have added it to the collection as ‘Night Reflections.CR2’

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SmiQ7E01RaflZxIFpfi5FMCeZGpHirj-?usp=sharing

I also suggest changing the licence on the play raw thread from creative commons to public domain.

1 Like

Looks like I don’t have an edit button anymore? (on that thread)

Could that be changed?

Oh, I remember now, the forum software only allows edits for a short time.

Oh, well.

Yes after a certain period of time posts are locked from editing. This preserves the conversation.