How do I change the xmp standard data in the lightroom to the style standard in the dark table?

I would like to use the lightroom preset in darktable.
The lightroom presets are like darktable styles, but the data standards for importing them are different.
Lightroom is xmp standard.
I want to change this data to a style standard so that it can be read by darktable.
What software can I use to change it?

You can’t. The modules are not the same. The closest thing you can do is generate a LUT from your lightroom presets and use it in the LUT module in darktable. But that isn’t going to be very flexible.

Note: I’ve changed the category. Filmulator is a different application.

Consider what the xmp file does. It records the editing steps you undertook in Lightroom. Since the tools in Darktable are different to lightroom the XMP file from lightroom is meaningless to Darktable and vice a versa.

Now that I have learnt DT I would never go back to Lightroom. Darktable has so many more options to develop the image in a unique style. Lightroom is fast and easy but leaves me bored because the options are so limited. I am not knocking LR because its strength is the ease and speed, but DT is more creative for me and can also be very fast to use when you have the experience in how to use it and create styles etc.

Good luck

1 Like

If you haven’t done so, read the following in the manual:

https://darktable-org.github.io/dtdocs/en/overview/sidecar-files/sidecar-import/