How do I create so lively image now?

Thanks for posting, a really good playraw, not so easy to get a “realistic” rendering
darktable 3.6.1

IMG_5024_02.CR2.xmp (14.2 KB)

A beautiful photo! Thanks for sharing
Did a little perspective “correction”, hopefully not too much

IMG_5024_RT-4.jpg.out.pp3 (16.9 KB)

2 Likes

lively.image.pp3 (25.3 KB) RawTherapee 5.8 Development.

B&W Krita 5.0 (Beta 2) edit:

1 Like

You hit a home run on the definition in the sky.

1 Like

Thanks! But to be true… it’s perhaps a bit too much for me (I use to look for a more natural look, this is a bit HDR-ish). Anyway, I was trying to look into the idea of a very colorfull and contrasty style, as proposed by the OP, and was fun to do!

1 Like

GIMP 2.10.28-LAB

3 Likes

@Zbyma72age

Nice.

But you might want to have a look at the fringing that’s going on (verticals left side wall and church and right side the tall hedges/trees). Takes away from an otherwise nice edit!

At 87 years old not everything can be seen a small correction with CA plug-ins

2 Likes

IMG_5024.CR2.pp3 (15.1 KB)

1 Like

A new workflow for this photo
darktable → 3 Tiffs (-2EV,0,+2EV)
→ Luminance HDR Mantiuk’06 operator mantiuk06_contrast_mapping_0.09_saturation_factor_1.73_detail_factor_1
→ export as TIFF
→ Color correction with darktable
→ export as jpeg

dt 3.7.0+1332

IMG_5024_dxo.dng.xmp (21.9 KB)

I might have cranked the local contrast a bit too much… but there is soooo much detail in this picture that it just feels like a waste to not use it.

I actually had to turn down the RL-output-sharpening settings… maybe I even needed to turn it off :see_no_evil: .

And for funs some extra drama in the sky:

Mapping the tones isn’t so hard, but getting the colors of the building right (and not ‘shouting red in your face’ means a bit more care with the saturation/vibrancy sliders.

I cheated with using DxO for preprocessing and perspective correction, and I used a subtile warming lut ripped from some known photo-effect-suite to get the sun shining a bit more.

IMG_5024_dxo.dng (59.5 MB)
hald_skylight.png

My try with dt dev version

IMG_5024.CR2.xmp (17.6 KB)

1 Like

IMG_5024-2.jpg.out.pp3 (18,6 KB)