how do I get lens correction applied automatically?

I have been using dt 4.0 since it was released.

Yesterday, when I imported a group of images, I got them without the lens correction module automatically applied.

Till the day before imported images had it applied automatically. I suppose that inadvertently I deselected something. But I’m googling and googling and I can’t find the way to get again the module applied automatically to all imported images.

How do I get it?

Is the lens correction module turned on and applied automatically when you open an image in darkroom view?

no. That’s the problem

I think you could switch correction on, then save it as a preset to be automatically applied… No, maybe that would end up setting the wrong lens if you use more than one. Just thinking aloud.

I’ve lens correction as a module set in my presets and it always chooses the correct lens.

As long as you just switch the module on and don’t change any parameters, your auto-applied preset will select the correct lens each time it’s applied to a new image. As soon as you manually change some parameter in the module (e.g. aperture), that action freezes all of the parameters in any subsequently saved preset, so the lens will not change when you apply it to another image.

2 Likes

Dirk, Chris, thanks. That’s good to know. I wonder if this behavior holds for other ‘automatic’ modules too? I assume it does… i should try it.

Denoise (profiled) doesn’t work like that (I believe) – i.e. you can change params and it will still auto-detect ISO from your image.

it seems that I had inadvertently removed the auto apply flag from the preset.

I set it again from preferences - presets.

But I wonder: how could I remove the auto apply flag without using the preferences?

Byclicking “edit” at the bottom of the drop down menu that you use to select the preset.