How Do You Add Camera Profile and Lens Profiles to RawTherapee

I recently purchased a Sony Alpha a6400 (ILCE-6400). I installed RawTherapee v. 5.6 on macOS 10.14.3, and loaded up a raw image that I recently took to test out RawTherapee. However, under Profiled Lens Correction the ILCE-6400 is not listed. Also, under Color Management, RawTherapee has Camera Standard selected, not a camera specific profile.

I read the following in Rawpedia: How to get LCP and DCP profiles - RawPedia and I followed those instructions. I have Adobe DNG Converter installed. I’ve got several Camera Profiles installed at /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Camera/Sony ILCE-6400, such as Sony ILCE-6400 Camera Clear.dcp and Sony ILCE-6400 Camera Neutral.dcp. I also have a number of lens profiles at /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/, which has the Sony and Sigma lenses that I own, such as SONY (SIGMA 16mm F1.4 DC DN C017) - RAW.lcp. The article then says to put those DCP and LCP profiles in a ~/profiles folder. Another forum post talked about a /dcpprofiles folder (Location of DCP Profiles RT5.5 MAC VERSION - #3 by tradesmith). However, I do not know what the point of reference is for these folders.

I have found that there is a /Users/me/Library/Application Support/RawTherapee/config/profiles in my home directory, but there is nothing there. Should I create dcpprofiles and lcpprofiles folder there? Is there supposed to be a .rawtherapee folder in my home directory for user specific configurations and settings? My question is where does RawTherapee expect to find these Adobe DNG Converter DCP and LCP files for use on macOS?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hey

Regarding profiled lens correction, there are two available sources of these profiles, see:
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Lens/Geometry#Lensfun

To update lensfun, see:
http://lensfun.sourceforge.net/manual/v0.3.2/lensfun-update-data.html

If the latest lensfun database lacks a profile for your lens, you can make the world a better place by profiling your lens yourself and uploading the results for everyone’s benefit. The procedure is explained in the links above and also here: PIXLS.US - Create lens calibration data for lensfun

Regarding putting LCP and DCP profiles in some folder, I don’t know details of folder structure in macOS. I suppose the point could have been to make it possible for RawTherapee to automatically find them, or to just put them in a clean folder so you don’t have thousands of profiles to sift through every time. Maybe @HIRAM can help with specifics. Would be great if the RawPedia documentation was updated if necessary, or just tell me what to add.

1 Like