So I am thinking of getting a new camera.
I am currently a Nikon user, namely the D700. I absolutely do not want to downgrade from full frame, and budget is tight. I don’t like being a cheapo’ so initially I thought I should just wait until my budget is friendlier; but I stumbled upon the Sony A7ii online and it seems neat.
Reasons I like it:
- full frame
- under $2000 CAD
- the potential to expand my collection of vintage lenses, even the small ones that only work well on mirrorless
Reasons I dislike it:
- no A/F for Nikon lenses (most of mine are AF-D and not G …so I am out of luck)
- Sony lenses are expensive and less variety of them
- lesser battery life
- larger files 24MP vs my 12MP (I know I shouldn’t complain about this )
>> What I’d like to know: <<
- Are there any of you shooting with this camera; especially if you’ve switched from NIKON? If yes, how do you find it?
- is image quality good? - all reviews seem to hint that it is
- is it well supported by RT?
Review I found by Ken Rockwell: https://kenrockwell.com/sony/a7-ii.htm