How is Photoshop 2021 opened from RawTherapee?

I am running RT 5.8-2847-g53bb6e41b to have the local adjustments tab available.

When I try to set the path in Preferences to open Photoshop 2021 I can only create the path as long as to this point:
Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\ (i.e. the executable Photoshop file is greyed out and cannot be included)

When I use this setting (from Ctrl+e) - RT opens my old Photoshop CS5 which is located in another folder under Adobe: /Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit).

Any suggestions for how I hit the right version of Photoshop?

Kindly,
Eigil

Have you tried using the command line Eigil?
It’s a long time since I ran Windows, but I seem to remember typing cd followed by the executable location.
I have no idea if this still works though.

Hi Andy,

I might have a memory bottle neck with my current pc. I’m in the process of swapping to a more potent animal.

External editor

Luckily today the ordinary “Adobe Photoshop installation directory” option puts Photoshop 2021 on like a dream - in both versions - the official RT 5.8 and the “RawTherapee_dev_5.8-2847-g53bb6e41b_W64_Skylake_210422”.

Strangely the “Custom command line” with the same path doesn’t work - and putting “cd” in front makes no difference.

But now the call works the ordinary way.

Thank you.

Kindly,
Eigil

Good stuff Eigil, now you are ready to rock 'n roll when your new beast turns up!

As ever matey, you know where I am.

1 Like