How long before update shows in Ubuntu repository?

But surely rawtherapee (v.5.6-2dhor~bionic) is the stable version. Or is it ?
I’ve always had the unstable version with no problems whatsoever.

Well, that is the one I have installed. Up until now it’s working fine, and it has the Favorites tab, so I guess it should be the 5.6 version.

You could keep your unstable version, knowing that it will always be the very latest version, as explained in Rawpedia. If you’re fine knowing you will always be facing some unfixed bugs, you shouldn’t change to the stable version.

And if you want to be absolutely sure that you have the latest stable version, get the proper appimage.

@XavAL
Thanks for your reply.
I might try the stable version, been using the unstable for years. (which is pretty stable).
I was distro hopping a few weeks ago and in Manjaro and MX linux I tried the appimage and was impressed how easy it was to use.
Too many options. :grinning:

Regarding mentioned PPA. Rawtherapee-unstable is an automatic build of GIT dev branch. Rawtherapee supposed to be stable build based on official released sources for stable version. As you can see there are some misconceptions between splash screen and about window. Some quirks are results of automatization created to determine RT version - and it doesn’t go well together with deb package creation process. 5.6 source archive lacks ReleaseInfo.cmake - thus compiler tries to figure out numbers on its own.

1 Like