How to combine pairs of images to single images?

There was a formatting error, you have to format code here as preformatted text. I edited the post. Please try again. You have first to “cd” into the right directory.

Fixed, I changed ${001..100..2} to {1..100..2}

Sorry, I wasn’t being clear. What you were doing was

1st iteration: Montage of Image 1 + 2
2nd iteration: Montage of Image 3 + 4 + Montage of Image 1 + 2

As you can see, things would get out of hand very quickly, resulting in memory and disk overload! I suggest that you test your commands/scripts using dummy images like rose: or logo: that are smaller in size and therefore quicker to process and detect your mistakes. I have generated some images for you to use while determining your workflow:

Edit #1: I zipped the files to make it easier to download: color_blocks.zip (764 Bytes).

So, my new command would be

for i in {1..100..2}; do
    magick "${i}.png" "$((i+1)).png" +append "output_${i}-$((i+1)).jpg"
done

I am using Win7 ATM, so I will let you give the command a whirl.

Edit #2: I changed the first jpgs to pngs since that is what the color blocks are. If you are using tifs, then change them to tif, etc.

IT’S WORKING I’m almost crying here, it’s working!

It’s running through the whole set now, completed 150, 664 to go

Edit: all images have been combined, I’m going to post my video here once I’ve finished all the other processing

4 Likes

Good morning,

My video is almost ready - so I’ll be uploading it soon. In the meantime, can I acknowledge you in the video caption when I upload it on Youtube?

1 Like

Why not :slight_smile: Maybe better to mention this forum.

2 Likes

So here is my video: Nairobi Night timelapse version 2

4 Likes

@Chintan_Gohel That was interesting! Look forward to seeing more time lapses from you :slight_smile:.

Very cool! Special shout out to @Morgan_Hardwood