How to create camera noise profiles for darktable

Seems also I am having some trouble to compile it myself…
It will take me time.

Which OS do you have? Do you use the OBS packages linked on the darktable homepage?
I can have a look at your raw files in the meantime.

When i run the tool I get the following output with NaNs: noiseprofile_output.txt (22.9 KB)
I noticed you had 2 shots with iso100, but I even tried without the first one.
@asn are the pictures too blurry?

I think I’ll try it. But is it possible to create noise profiles on Mac OS X?

should be possible.

At last. But as already mentioned you have two ISO 100. No ISO 160.
darktable-noiseprofile-20210109.tar.gz (9.1 MB)

I am trying to generate a noise profile for Nikon Z 7 II. Is this a problem?

Edit: Solved it. Changed the width and height from 16 to 30 in etc/imagemagick/policy.xml

Thx @Peter, after I replaced E-M10MarkIV with E-M10 Mark IV in the presets.json this profiles seem to work fine. I’m going to hand them in to be added in darktable.

Just to let you know, there is no camera setting for ISO 160, just 200 and LOW, which seems to be 100.

1 Like

I am trying to generate noise profiles for my new Fuji X-Pro3. I have done this before without issue for a Fuji X-T4, but with the current build of source code (from the master branch), I cannot get any of my RAW files to work. The output is always ‘[name of .raf] not over exposed (0)’. The only way to get them to ‘pass’ the test is to go into the subr.sh file, change the threshhold from 99% to 90% (line 485) and then re-run the profiling. Obviously, I don’t want to change that value just to make it work. Has anyone else had this issue? Here is one of the thumbnails generated that is said to ‘not over exposed’.

Do the highlights clip if you turn off white balance module?

To turn that off for the darktable-cli call in the darktable-gen-noiseprofile script, should go in and edit the profiling-shot.xmp file where it lists out operation:temperature and set the enabled flag to be 0?

I was more wondering if the raw file was completely clipping, Visualizing the raw (sensor) highlight clipping | darktable

This shot is from one of the images, opened in the darktable, the White Balance module turned off and no other processing done (no pixel workflow defaults so no base curve or filmic module applied).

Not clipping blue channel?

It didn’t appear to be unless I enable the White Balance module, as can be seen in this image. I ended up trying a test run of commenting out the lines that check over/under exposure of the JPG’s in the subr.sh file check_exposure function. This produced results and from spot checking various ISO’s does a decent job. I’d much rather get this working without tinkering with code so I can get these pushed up for everyone to use though. Thanks for the help so far. I’m trying to learn all of this on the fly. Screenshot from 2021-01-22 11-22-55

Hello! windows user here, does anybody want to help me build the noise profiles for my Nikon p950 camera? I took the photos, hope these are good enough!
p950
Thank you very much! Marco

Hello! nobody willing to help? please :slight_smile:

What is keeping you from trying it for yourself?

Hello, as I said I am a windows user. If I understand correctly you need a linux machine to create the profiles, I am wrong?

darktable-noiseprofile-20210205.tar.gz (3.6 MB)

1 Like