How To Install Nightly Builds

Your issue is not known to me. Could you give us help with links, examples? If it is a bug, it would be nice to get this fixed, but we can not approach without further info.

1 Like

RT 5.8 had an issue with Canon mRaw/sRaw CR2 files, which is already fixed in dev

1 Like

Oh ok thanks @heckflosse for the reminder. I use CR2 but only plain-ole’ RAWs, so that issue whizzed by me.

1 Like

Just a thought - I run Mac and have just installed Linux in VB and installed a dev build - it works a treat, and will take your monitor profile if you have a wide gamut monitor hooked to your mac.

Must give a shout out thank you to @XavAL for the help!

3 Likes

I’ll have a look at that one too Ingo - cheers.

Thanks for the report @Andy_Astbury1. By any chance do you have docker? If so, does the kd6kxr/rawtherapee-dev image also behave this way? Did you have to configure the VB especially for your setup?

@HIRAM - sorry, I don’t, I had to look it up just to find out what it was!

And until I followed the screen grab instructions kindly supplied to me by @XavAL I’d never even seen Linux or VB until today - I’ve led a very narrow Mac life.
I did have to do a few things to VB before installing Linux and RT though, but whether or not they were special I wouldn’t know - Xavier could answer that better than I.

What I do know about the dev image is that it won’t open 1DXMk3 .CR3 files, but I have no m or s .CR2’s to test - like most pro wildlife and landscape togs I fail to see the point in them to be honest.

CR3 is a mess… Best you can do is call canon and voice your displeasure at the fact that they choose to keep their file format opaque.

@paperdigits - that would be a fun call indeed!

I was trying to find out if they made Adobe pay for the tech info or gave it to them - funny no one will say one way or the other.

Adobe signed their NDA, most likely. We can’t distribute free code that has information obtained under NDA.

All that was needed was creating and configuring the VirtualBox machine, install linux and follow the compilation instructions for linux found in RawPedia.

I think all the hard work was automatically done by VirtualBox and Linux Mint

1 Like