How to post a version for Play Raw

How do I post a version I have worked on for the Play Raw section?

Drag and drop the image and side car file on the Reply or Edit window in the forum.

1 Like

To elaborate a little more, you need to export your image from darktable (as a jpg usually), then upload both the .jpg file, the raw, and the .xmp sidecar file. You can also upload by clicking the Upload button in the reply or edit window. Oh, and you’ll find the .xmp on the same folder as your original raw file.
If you’ve changed your dt settings to not write sidecar files, you also need to select your image in lighttable, then click ‘write sidecar files’ in one of the panels on the righthand side, to get a .xmp to upload.

That’s how I do it anyway…
Just in case my waffle helps :grinning:

1 Like

In case this helps … If it’s your rendition of a previously posted RAW file, then as noted above, drag and drop (or use upload icon) to upload your jpg version + then your sidecar file.

If, however, you are the original owner of the image you’ve worked on, then you also need to use the license release link (seen in the thread editor), upload the RAW itself, along with your jpg version and sidecar.

Hope this clarifies based on which situation you’re thinking about.

1 Like

Good point, thanks… for some reason I jumped to the conclusion that it was one’s own photo under discussion. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Thanks to Steven, ejm and Mica thinking of all the eventualities. I’m hoping to try to improve my dt skills by working on the raw files by others, and by submitting my own.

Noreen

3 Likes

:+1: :grinning:

Frankly, I jumped to the same conclusion. Then I accidentally fell off that one, and landed on another, then I thought perhaps I should stop drawing conclusions … :wink: