How to push/move the modules to other groups in 3.4?

Hi y’alls

I struggle with the surface of dt 3.4. Some of my beloved modules are gone, some have changed their place - it sucks big time! For example “monochrome” is now in the rightmost group instead of the “color” group (where I want it to be) and “Verlaufsfilter” (that partial darkening thing) was gone totally; i taped the module name in the bar, could work with it, but could not stick it to the same group like vignette and signature (where it belongs for me)

help?

Thanks!

Just above the search option, there’s a row of buttons. The rightmost (3 hor. bars, or “hamburger” menu) gives you access to preset module groups and an option to modify this layout.
You can add/remove modules to/from groups and also add/remove module groups. It even allows you to have a module in several groups.
Perhaps that would allow you to get your preferred module grouping?

See also: darktable 3.4 user manual - manage module layouts

3 Likes

@beachbum There is also a preset for your previous layout so you might be able to use that to recreate you original settings. I don’t know what it uses for a frame of reference so if you have changed a lot of things maybe that opportunity is lost but you could try it and see what it leaves you with and then go from there…

1 Like

@rvietor Thank you so much - that’s exactly what I was looking for - and FINALLY (after 9 or10 years of dt) it’s the way I always wanted it ;o)

@priort Yup - I tried that, but it was all mixed up and somewhat worse than before

1 Like