How to remove blue fringing around tree branch silhouettes in RT?

I’m sure you are just trying to be helpful but if I’m reading a thread about how to solve a problem in RawTherapee (or any other software for that matter), I’m not interested in a tutorial about how to do it with some other application.

Hello

I’m looking at the problem to (a little) improve the operation in these extreme cases. I reduced the minimum size of the center of the Spot from 2 to 1.5. This allows, for example, here, to “take stock” of a smaller branch.

I just push the change…(always in lacam16n ). But 1.5 it is very, very small. Not to use globally - never on the skin. Only in this case or similar (leaves, detail to be valued, etc.)

Jacques

I downloaded the latest AppImage: the min. spot size was still 2 - so I guess I have to wait a little while.

Correction: now 1.5. That makes a difference - enough to make it unjustifiable to spend any more time on this image. Thanks for your support.

1 Like

Hello

For me, it’s not a waste of time. :grinning:

I thought - before this example - that “2” was small enough.
Going to “1.5” required some variable type adjustments, but that’s the minimum…

Thank you

My try using RT and three local spots with “Color & Light” → Chrominance set to -50

DSCN4300_RT-1.jpg.out.pp3 (25.1 KB)

1 Like

@LateJunction

It is not necessary. In basic mode, the fact of activating the module "Color appearance (Cam16…) already improves the purple colour, and if you want to remove more purple you can do it with the saturation slider in the colour section:

My attempt.
DSCN4300-1.jpg.out.pp3 (25.5 KB)

Thanks for this advice. Indeed it works as you state; result is ‘best so far’. I don’t expect to get anything more.

1 Like

I learned more from this: I had lost sight of being able to apply more than 1 spot and had been convinced it was necessary to use the absolute minimum sized spot (initially 2 then down to 1.5 in the lacam16n build). I see you used 18 in all three spots. I hadn’t realised either that the chrominance reduction could be so effective. Thank you.

1 Like

Just because this is the default value and I was too lazy to check if other values would change anything :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

… and quite often I use the maximum spot size, especially when sky is what is to be worked on